7 December 2011

NaNoWriMo Is Over

Well, I actually intended on updating my blog during NaNoWriMo but sadly that didn't happen.  I'd also intended to continue updating my 365 project during NaNo & that didn't happen either although I somehow managed not to drop the ball.  But the outcome of the challenge?

I won!

(& the certificate to prove it!)



I'm not entirely sure how I managed it, I haven't read through anything I've written yet, mainly due to the fact that I haven't actually finished with the novel!  But I half expect to find lyrics of Christmas songs and such in there where I was trying to keep going.  One night I even managed at least 7,000 words!  & even though NaNo is over, I still find myself thinking about my novel all of the time!  Trying to decide what I should do with characters, how they should marry or get engaged or what they should do.  It's a bit crazy really, I never thought this would take over my life as much as it has.

I'm hoping to keep going until it's finished and toying with the idea of turning it into a script in April when ScriptFrenzy kicks off! I know, I know! I clearly know how to try and stress myself as much as possible but you know, it would be fun and I can picture certain actors/actresses as certain characters!

But until that time; I'm just going to concentrate on finishing the novel and trying to make it work.  I'm even stealing tiny ideas from other places.  The engagement that will shortly be happening is springing from an idea in Love Actually (the bit where Andrew Lincoln turns up on Keira Knightley's doorstep with boards and music)

&& what did I choose as my idea for NaNoWriMo?

Well it's difficult to describe but it's called Fields Of Gold and is about 3 women of different ages who are all related but don't always know so and there are loads of secrets! & love and happiness and arguments and ends in death.  Fun times!

Fingers crossed I can finally get it finished!

Listening To: Love Actually
Mood: Satisfied

No comments:

Post a Comment