9 October 2010

Welcome

Welcome!


So; this is my first proper, public blog.  It isn't directed at anything specific; not about fashion or television, films or music.  Instead it will be a little bit of everything - all of those things and more - no entry will be the same. There will be entries about things I've bought [New Look is likely to get a regular mention - they are amazing!] There will also be entries about programmes or films I've watched; entries about news items and probably entries on various 'celebrities' - some will be positive, some will be negative.
My blog won't always be everyone's cup of tea - some people may like it and some will probably hate it - but everyone is different and I thought it was about time I voiced a few of my own opinions about the things I love and hate!
It is kind of hard writing a welcome post - there are things I thought I might write and things I probably should but haven't.  I'm going to attempt to write a little about me - which is likely to be a repeat of what is in my profile but it may shed a little bit of light on who I am and what you can expect from my blog!
So - I'm Carly, I'm 22 and I work as a Clerical Officer within the Microbiology Department at my local hospital. I am a bit of a hopeless romantic, I'm a writer and I dabble in photography when the mood takes me.  My family and friends are my life.  My girls are the best!  I am a massive supporter of The Stroke Association, Cancer Research UK and Diabetes UK.
I'm not like a lot of girls - I don't idolise the celebrities in the magazines - I don't really understand why people would want to look up to people like Katie Price or Cheryl Cole.  [If you do; no offence intended; it is just my personal preference not to!]  I don't tend to read any of the glossy magazines - I'm not interested in looking like the girls in them.  Recently there has been a lot of talk in the media about plus size models being used in various fashion shows and you will find it is something I stand for and agree with.  People are who they are and I fall into that category; some people will find it strange.  Some will find it even stranger when I say I am happy being who I am.  Nobody is perfect; but I get tired of hearing people say they need to lose weight or they wish they were a size smaller than they are because the girls in the magazines are often stick thin.
So I stand up for what I believe in; I'm stubborn and strong willed, sometimes even selfish [we all have traits we don't particularly like and that is mine!]  I love life but I don't always agree with it.  There are quite a few things I stand against such as abortion, liars, bullies, people who are fake, ignorance, plastic surgery, prejudice, prima donnas, racism, rudeness, selfishness, vanity, homophobia and sexism to name a few.
I like dancing, learning, glitter, life, my job, art, music, my best friends, shoes, shopping, sewing, photography, poetry, reading and writing.  I dislike jealousy, death, diabetes, false people, heartbreak, loneliness, Conservatives, thunderstorms, vulnerability and writers block.  I admire Dawn French, Lynda La Plante, Florence Welch, Virginia Woolf and Eleanor Roosevelt.
And just in case that wasn't quite enough;



Name: Carly
Age: 22
Occupation: Clerical Officer
Three Favourite Colours:
i. Purple
ii. Blue
iii. Grey
Three Favourite Songs:
i. You've Got The Love - Florence + The Machine
ii. Save Up All Your Tears - Cher
iii. Marlene On The Wall - Suzanne Vega
Three Favourite Singers/Bands:
i. Florence + The Machine
ii. Fleetwood Mac
iii. Dusty Springfield
Three Favourite Programmes:
i. Casualty
ii. Doctors
iii. Miranda
Three Favourite Films:
i. Love Actually
ii. Hot Fuzz
iii. My Girl
Three Favourite Authors:
i. Lynda La Plante
ii. Louise Rennison
iii. Virginia Woolf
Where Else Will You Find Me? http://twitter.com/Carlzies or http://365project.org/turquoisekisses/365

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of this Carly, and I love that you love Miranda! Such a fabulous show!

    ReplyDelete